If you’ve never participated in a code review before, it can be tough to know where to start. This talk aims to give you the tools you’d need to start using code reviews as part of your team or even on your own. It covers the benefits of code reviews, some items to check, and how to go about performing them.
I originally gave this talk at an LA Django meetup.
- Code Review Best Practices post
- Expectations, Outcomes, and Challenges Of Modern Code Review
- Steve Losh - Teach Don’t Tell
- Peter Norvig - Teach Yourself Programming in Ten Years
- OWASP Code Review Top 9
- Raymond Hettinger - Beyond PEP8
- 11 Best Practices for Peer Code Review
- Sasha Laundy - Your Brain’s API: Giving and Getting Technical Help